Trinity Symbol in World's Religions
The principle of trinity is found in all the world’s religions.
Spiral of Life and Trinity Spiral as mystical symbol of trinity
'Spiral of Life' represents:
- Unity of body, mind and spirit.
- Interplay of birth, growth, and death
It is a symbolic representation of primordial forces that materialize in magical, mysterious fashion while obeying precise universal laws.
Trinity Symbol: The Tree of Life starts with a Triad
From this primordial triangle proceed all of the other figures, shapes, forms, all other numbers, the magic of manifestation.
Christian Holy Trinity
The Christian Holy Trinity is seen as: God the Father, God the Holy Spirit, God the Son or Christ Consciousness
Within the Christian teachings Holy Trinity is worshiped through a number of rituals:
- Worship and praise are offered ‘to God through Jesus Christ in the Holy Spirit’
- Blessings and baptisms are given ‘In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit’
- Prayers are given to three-in-one. ‘Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost; As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, World without end. Amen’
The Trinity also expresses the way Christians relate to God:
- worshiping the Father
- following the example given by the Son
- acknowledging the Holy Spirit that lives in each and every of us
It is interesting that the Muslims see the fact that the Father is God, the Son is God, and the Spirit is God can only mean that Christians believe in three gods. In fact the concept of Trinity is in their view heretical for God is One God.
The doctrin of Christian Trinity resembles the Hindhu Trimurti where Brahman is also Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva, yet all three are ultimately Brahman.
Hindu Trinity Doctrine: Trimurti
The three major Hindu Gods are Brahma, Vishnu and Siva - Creator, Sustenance and Destroyer.
The Hindu Trinity represents the Divine in its threefold nature.
Each part of the Trinity contains and includes the others.
Each God in the trinity: Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva has his Goddess. Brahma’s consort is Saraswati, the Goddess of knowledge; Vishnu’s is Lakshmi, the Goddess of delight, beauty and love, and Shiva’s is Parvati (or Kali), the Goddess of transformation, and destruction.
The Hindu trinity's origin can be also found in Babylon, where it might have been incorporated into the Kabbalah, with the Jewish names of the 'sephiroths'.
Supernal Triad within Kabbhala
The Supernal Triad within Kabbhala’s Tree of Life of Kether (Divine Consciousness), Chokmah (the Son in relation to Kether as its Father, it is the active, male principle of existence) and Binah that embodies the primal female energies. Under this trinity is the Abyss with the rest of the manifestation.
Above the Abyss is the realm of ideas. Kether represents the initial spark, Chokmah is the flame that extends out, and Binah holds the flame.
Chokmah and Binah are El and Eloha, the creator God and Goddess of Kabbalah, together in Divine Union they are Elohim. Kether is neither masculine nor feminine, it just is.
Before the beginning of creation there was only En Sof. En Sof was everything, and no-thing.
As the energy of En Sof became a concentrated spark of light, it became Kether (the Source). In the same instant, there was energy moving in all directions (the Big Bang). This dynamic expansion is Chokmah (Life Force). The energy is channelled following precise Universal laws towards manifestation. This womb that channels and directs the light is Binah (Primordial Mother).
Other Trinity Dc / Doctrines
We find the concept of trinity in many other beliefs systems:
- the Egyptian Trinity of a transcendental god Amun that also manifests as Ra and Ptah. Of God Ra that has a daughter Maat (Wisdom, Knowledge) that is a consort or sister of God Thoth (Divine Word or Logos of Ra). This was soon replaced with Osiris, Isis and Horus.
- the Greek Trinity consisting of Zeus (the God), Hera (the Goddess) and Hercules (their son)
- the Babylonian holy Trinity consisting of Ninki (later became Ishtar) the mother, Enki (later became Namakh) the father, and Marduk the son. Three animal icons associated with the three Sun ‘gods’ are: the lion for the goddess, the bull for the father, and dragon for the son.
- The three sacred Vedic energy manifestations – Tamas (inertia, darkness, destruction), Rajas (preservation, movement, dynamic), and Satvas (creation, existence, order, purity)
- Tao that manifests as Yin and Yang
Alchemy of Love and the Spiral of Life
The 'Spiral of Life' represents the interaction of body, mind and spirit and the interplay of birth, growth, and death. Within the Alchemy of Love Mindfulness Training we respect this symbolic representation of primordial forces that materialize within Gaia and within our Life obeying precise universal laws. Offering tools for body, mind and soul, the Alchemy of Love Books offer some very precious inspiration on your Spiritual Journey. Alchemy of Love Books are: Mindful Eating, Conscious Parenting, Mindful Being, Chanting Mantras, Art of 4 Elemets spiritual poetry book and A-Ma Alchemy of Love novel.
We have prepared a gift for your Spiritual Journey. It is our FREE pdf 12 Best Mindfulness Exercises.
Alchemy of Love Mindfulness Training
We are here to inspire your Self Development
give your Soul a gift! Download:
Mindful Being towards Mindful Living
You can start your journey with us simply downloading the above course materials and working with spiritual exercises that we have created for you.