Fruit and Veggies
A perfect gift of Nature!
fruit have their best healing and nutrition effects when eaten separately from grains and
vegetables. Eat fruits one hour before consuming any other foods and the best time is MORNING.
Creating a healthy vegetarian meal is an art of choosing and balancing ingredients, taking care of proteins, utilizing raw ingredients, and preparing Real Food for Health.
What are the 10 Miracle Foods?
1. Take Care of Your Water
Water makes up more than 2/3 of our weight, so do not dehydrate, drink good quality water.
Water is the second most important substance for healthy body, after oxygen!
Water reflects its Environment and its molecular structure relates to thoughts, music, emotions.
Drink Good Quality Water!
Check 5 easy tips to:
Remember, if you are sick your body loses fluids. In this case, you should drink more water or some herbal teas. Bladder infections also require increased water intake.
2. Make Your-own Freshly Squeezed Juices
Avoid drinking juices that you have purchased from a store because:
- They have high sugar content - A glass of juice can have 30 grams or more of sugar. That’s equivalent to about 8 tsp of sugar.
- Many juices are full of additives, colourings and other taste enhancers – BE AWARE OF WHAT YOU DRINK...
Raw, Fresh, Just Squeezed
Raw juices of fruits and vegetables are extremely rich in vitamins, minerals, trace elements, enzymes and natural sugars. If you add some greens to them, they become a perfect add-on to your balanced and healthy diet.
- Stick to organic, fresh, seasonal, additive free, non processed foods and avoid packed, tinned, frozen food items
- Raw green veggies you can add to your juices are: spinach, kale, chard, carrots greens, cucumber, parsley, and celery leaves. Add avocado to your juice, recent research indicates that absorption of antioxidants from our greens (lettuce, spinach, or carrots greens) increases 200-400% when we add fresh avocado to them.
- Wheatgrass is used to restore alkalinity to the blood. The wheatgrass juice has plenty of alkaline minerals and it is a powerful detoxifier. It also increases red blood cell count. Use it within your jouices
3. Drink Herbal Teas and Enjoy Your White or Green Tea
- Tasty, warming, caffeine-free... Herbal Teas are well known for many medicinal qualities they possess and used in many different countries as natural remedies.
- White Tea may BE the most potent tea for cancer prevention. Just one cup of white tea has the antioxidant capacity of 12 glasses of orange juice.
- You can drink both white or green tea to enhance your imune system.
4. Use Lemons and Honey in Your Daily Consumption
Lemons are a power food that can rid parasites and purify the blood.
Maintaining good health requires balancing the alkaline and acidic level of your blood through your nutrition and your lifestyle choices. Add a bit of lemon to alcaline your water and drink healthy throughout the day.
- Just one lemon has more than 100 percent of your daily intake of vitamin C.
- Citrus flavonoids found in lemons may help inhibit the growth of cancer cells and act as an anti-inflammatory.
Use Honey as Your Immune System Booster
Honey is a powerful immune system booster. Its antioxidant properties will help you stay healthy and fit and its anti-bacterial properties will help you improve your digestive system and fight disease.
A Useful Tip: Honey should not be heated above 40 degrees and it should be kept in a dark cool place. It is best to use a wooden spoon when consuming honey.
Honey is a power food, so do not use more than a spoon a day.
- To stay healthystart every day with a glass of spring water mixed with a tea spoon of honey and some lemon juice
- Just before exercising, take a spoon of honey for the extra energy
- Use honey on toast as a replacement for sugary spreads. It will give you a boost of ‘real’ energy to sustain you throughout the day
- If you are sick sprinkle some cinemon onto a tea-spoon of honey. Both cinemon and honey have anti-bacterial properties
5. Eat Seasonal Fruit
- Stick to organic, fresh, seasonal, additive free, non processed foods and avoid packed, tinned, frozen fruit and enjoy the benefits!
- Seasonal, fresh fruit is full of nutriants. The following are some examples of the fruits you could eat:
Loaded with Vitamin A and C, potassium, lycopene and thousands of minerals and nutritional components.
Excellent for fasts and cleansing diet. Can help clear anything from parasites, viruses and bacteria.
Every part of a watermelon is edible! Watermelons are often eaten with feta cheese in Israel and Egypt
Full of nutrients, and great brain food.
It is high in potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, calcium, sodium, iron, selenium, manganese, copper, zinc, vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, C, E, K,...
Banana can help induce serotonin and norepinephrine (feel good hormones) which will keep you happy. A study with 200 students reported that students who were asked to eat a banana three times a day were more alert during their classes while they followed the regimen.
Kiwi is an excellent source of Vitamin C. Kiwis have more immune system strengthening vitamin C than grapefruits, oranges, or strawberries.
A study published inThorax that followed over 18,000 children age 6 and 7 in Northern Italy and their consumption of kiwi & citrus fruit reported that the more kiwi or citrus fruit children consumed, the less diseases were around them... Shortness of breath was reduced by 32%, severe wheeze by 41%, night time cough by 27%, chronic cough by 25%, and runny nose by 28%. Children who had asthma when the study began appeared to benefit the most when their intake of kiwi / citrus fruits increased.
and what about...
6. Eat Seasonal Veggies
Nothing else can replace or substitute seasonal vegetables in our diet. Fruits and vegetables provide the body with our #1 source of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals.
Useful Tip: Do not overcook your veggies. All of your veggies can be eatten raw, so don't overcook them.
7. Use Whole Grains
- A great source of proteins are whole grains.
- Replace your white processed ingredients with brown whole-meal unprocessed foods. instead of pre-cooked, pre-packed, tinned or frozen ingredients.
- Whole grains and whole-grain products that you can use are: brown rice, barley, millet, oats, quinoa, spelt, rye, etc
- If you eat eggs Make sure they are Free-Range and Organic
- Eggs from hens raised in freedom (running around a farm) are far more nutritious than eggs from confined hens in factory farms.
- 4 to 6 times as much vitamin D; 2 times more omega-3 fatty acids; 3 times more vitamin E; 7 times more beta carotene
- Factory farms' practices of cultivating chickens are cruel - do not support them buying their products!
- Eggs from factory raised chickens are full of antibiotics and hormones that are given to chickens to survive the worst possible living conditions.
8. Create Your-own Seeds and Nuts Health Miracle Mix
Add nuts and seeds to your vegetarian meals.
- Sesame seeds beneficial effects are great. It is one of the cholesterol lowering foods. They are naturally rich source of fiber, minerals and healthy fats.
- Flaxseeds or linseed. Great seeds to add to your miracle seeds mixture. They help the body detox. Ground linseed (or soaked overnight) are a wonderful source of fiber and a great source of omega 3 oils.
- Pumpkin seeds. A wonderful source of protein. Use them at all times!
- Our brain is 2/3 fat. Eating linseeds, and nuts replenish neurons. Add nuts to your food to get your protein and fats. Chinese suggest that walnuts improve memory.
- To create the most nutritious meal, soak your nuts and seeds overnight.
9. Chose your Cooking Oil Carefully!
- Use extra virgin olive oil adding it to the food and salads at the very end of cooking. Olive oil is very healthy and it contains monounsaturated fats. Buy organic hand-picked extra virgin olive oil.
- For high heat cooking, use sunflower oil, it contains polyunsaturated fats, or for more exotic dishes use a well-made avocado oil, good quality coconut oil, or sesame seed oils for enhancing flavour.
- These days I add the coconut oil to my diet in all sort of ways: in my coffee, in my tea, in my breakfast.
10. Create Your-own Herbs and Spices Health Miracle Mix
Use: cinnamon, turmeric, nutmeg for sweet tasting vegetarian meals, and rosemary, basil, oregano, paprika, ginger for savory vegetarian meals.
- Basil has anti-bacterial properties, and it’s full of antioxidants. It is great for digestion and detox.
- Cinnamon is one of the highest antioxidant and together with honey it acts as an antibiotic. It is researched that this miracle spice helps the growth of bacteria as well as fungi.
- Ginger is used in China as one of the best disease fighting miracle foods. It is recommended when you have a cold, it boost the immune system and cleanses the metabolism. You can either chew on ginger root, or make a delicious ginger, lemon and honey tea.
- Parsley is said to protect your kidneys and bladder. It is also used to relieve bloating during menstruation.
- Seaweed is used at all times in Asia. Seaweed binds to heavy metals within our body and helps body cleanse from them. It is an antioxidant, full of proteins, a wonderful add-on to your meals.
- Tumeric is used in Ayurvedic medicine to treat liver and digestive disorders. It is an antioxidant that is wonderful to use at all times.
Check the Mindful Eating Quotes video by Nuit
for further inspiration see:
Choosing the vegetarian diet we work with millions of others to protect the rainforests, to prevent the huge suffering of farmed animals, and to reduce our-own energy consumption. When we say vegetarian we mean...: Read about 7 Most Important Vegetarian Benefits