How to Be Mindful, How to Exercise Mindfulness
Mindfulness works with continuous awareness of body, breath; feelings, thoughts, intentions. Our state of mind, our positive or negative attitude towards the world, is closely related to our experiences of happiness or suffering. mindfulness is awareness of everything that is happening in the moment of 'Now'. Mindfulness is a self development technique that will change the focus of our mind towards happiness.
Live in the Present Moment
Mindfulness is continuous undisturbed awareness of the present moment. Fully aware of here, and now, we pay attention to what is happening right in front of us, we set aside our mental and emotional baggage. To be mindful we have to re-train our mind.
Silence Your Mind
Our mind is constantly busy with thoughts and feeling about our past, present and future. To stop it from useless constant chat, we must learn how to hear this noise, how to become aware of it, and to transform it through concentration into mindfulness.
Sit and meditate the mindfulness meditation. The person meditating should be mindful of whatever enters the mind. Silencing the internal dialogue, observe your thoughts, and feelings without labeling them as good or bad. Mindfulness works with continuous awareness of: the body posture and breath; of the feelings, of the mind and of the mental objects that appear during the meditation. Through bare attention, we learn to see things as they really are, without judgments and preconceptions. Sit and meditate for 30 minutes every day. Read more: Why Meditation.
- Zen meditation, zazen, or sitting starts by focusing the awareness on the breath. During 'sitting' we close down our mental and emotional activity, and through training we develop single-pointed concentration. While meditating we work on our concentration, the rest of the day we work on mindfulness.
- With 70,000 thoughts a day and 95% of our activity controlled by the subconscious mind, no wonder that it feels as though we are asleep most of the time. To awake, we need to train self-remembering and mindfulness.
- Since, mind is in a constant movement, to quiet it we need to use its movement, to stop the flow of thoughts, we need to find an object of concentration. Chose an object of Beauty that inspires you and use it for your concentration. Chose a crystal, a flower, candle light, or an emotion such as love, peace, or pure consciousness. Allowing the mind to keep 'busy’ with the positive imagination we can enter meditation.
To check for more meditation tools please go to:
Online Free Guided Meditations and How to Meditate Techniques
Online Meditation Tools, videos, downloads, excercises, tips. Read More
Be Mindful of Your Actions
Mindfulness and Self Remembering
Self-remembering is an attempt to be more conscious, and more aware. It is a form of active meditation were we work to be aware of ourselves and our environment through self-remembering. The essence of the Self-Remembering technique is that while we are doing anything: reading, singing, talking, tasting, we must be aware of the Self who is reading, singing, talking or tasting.
- Mindful Walking. Walking next to the sea: the sounds are there, the wind is there, we are there with the sun, with the breeze, and with our breath and awareness of our body moving, but without our thoughts.
- Mindful Eating. When eating, taste your food with mindfulness without external interruptions. Experience the joy of tasting food with no TV, reading,mobiles, messaging, etc... Read more about Mindful Eating
- Mindful Showering. When showering and bathing suddenly remember yourself, and stay as long as you can – remembering the water flow, its temperature, its contact with the body
Be Mindful of Your Thoughts
Mindfulness increases the awareness of the nature of the mind. If we learn to control our mind and listen to our souls we can consciously choose to be joyful instead of sad, peaceful and loving, alert and relaxed.
Be Mindful of Your Feelings
Get Delighted. The quality of life is in proportion of our capacity to get delighted. The capacity for delight is within our capacity to pay attention to things around us. Pay attention to birds singing, to clouds formations, to flowers greeting you, to kids laughing, to a beautiful person that has just passed by. Be aware of synchronicity among all living beings and be alert for the presence of Divine in All.
Exercising Mindfulness and the Alchemy of Love Mindfulness Training
The Alchemy of Love Mindfulness Training is designed with 100s of mindfulness exercises, nurturing creativity tools, and day-to-day spiritual self-development reminders to help you within your Self-development journey. You can chose from our selection of books:
1. Mindful Being towards Mindful Living Course,
2. Conscious Parenting: Mindful Living Course for Parents;
3. A Guide to Mindful Eating with 45 Veggie Recipes;
4. Mindful Eating with Delicious Raw Vegan Recipes;
5. Chanting Mantras with Best Chords (at the moment available as a Free Download);
6. Art of 4 Elements: Discover Alchemy through Poetry;
7. Ama Alchemy of Love, spiritual novel
To learn more download the Alchemy of Love Course Content.